BoxFox focuses on new merchandise (not previously purchased and returned by a customer). However, a portion of the shoes for sale may have been run on a treadmill in store or tested around the parking lot.
When purchasing shoes on BoxFox, anticipate that a portion of the lot will show signs of dirt. Depending on your sales channel, you may or may not be able to sell those items as new so please bid appropriately.
For each purchase, you may use the inventory reconciliation system to receive a refund for products that differ from their expected condition. For shoes with minimal/isolated surface dirt, we recommend taking a wet wipe and quickly cleaning them off.
For dirtier shoes, there are 3 levels of wear on BoxFox:
- Cleanable ($3 refund) - With some cleaning, the shoe can be restored to new condition.
- Uncleanable (50% refund) - Regardless of cleaning effort, the shoe cannot be restored to new and must be sold in a condition such as "used - very good/pre-owned."
- Unsellable (100% refund) - Shoes in this condition show excessive scrapes/scuffs, wear on the soles, and ground-in dirt. They cannot be effectively sold, even as used.
Examples of Footwear Conditions
The shoes below are samples of items that would qualify for refunds on BoxFox. Click here to learn about best practices for cleaning footwear. Please be sure to take a photo of the shoe before cleaning it.
1. Cleanable ($3 refund):
With some cleaning, these shoes were restored back to new condition. These shoes qualify for a $3 refund when recorded in inventory resolution. View the video below to learn about best practices for cleaning footwear on BoxFox.
Before and after:
2. Uncleanable (50% refund):
These shoes are unable to be restored to brand new condition, regardless of the amount of effort put into cleaning. They show minimal/no wear, but due to dirt on the soles, they would likely need to be sold as "used - like new". These shoes qualify for a 50% refund when recorded in inventory resolution.
Note: If you're an Amazon seller, you can request approval through Seller Central to sell used footwear on Amazon.
3. Unsellable (100% refund):
Shoes in this condition show excessive scrapes/scuffs, wear on the soles, and ground-in dirt. They are worn to the point that selling them as used is impractical. These shoes would qualify as unsellable for a 100% refund when recorded in inventory resolution:
Tips for getting the most out of BoxFox:
- To learn about best practices for cleaning footwear on BoxFox, click here.
- We recommend having at least one sales channel that enables you to effectively sell shoes in "used - like new" condition.
- You may be able to use Amazon to fulfill orders from other marketplaces. For more information, click here.
- You may be able to be approved to sell used footwear on marketplaces such as Amazon. For more information, check your Seller Central account.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.